Masterclasses and advanced education
In Institut Stimmkunst singers and speakers periodically can attend masterclasses. Vera Wenkert cooperates with international coaches for opera singers, e.g.
- Dr. Dearbhla Collins, Vocal Coach at the Royal Irish Academy of Music, Dublin
- Thomas Barthel, Dirigent und Pianist, Internationales Opernstudio IOS und Oper Zürich
- Yulia Levin, Solo-Coach, Oper Zürich
- Stephan Schmidt, ehem. Studienleiter Bayrische Staatsoper München, ehem. Prof. Liedgesang Staatliche Hochschule für Musik und Darstellende Kunst Stuttgart
Seminars and lectures
I regularly coach teachers on the topic of healthy speaking and vocal hygiene.
In this way, I support teachers in communicating clearly and charismatically. Thereby I work individually or in groups on:
Intonation (speech melody)
Speed of speaking
Improving the volume
Strengthening the voice
Masterclass: "Sing and shine"
Success with individual artistry and authentic craft
Every singer nowadays doesn’t need not only just a secure vocal technique but also an authentic stage craft. Singers with authentic appearance and a solid healthy vocal technique are winners.
In this workshop you have the chance to develop your own authentic stage personality. We concentrate on stage craft tools and on career coaching.
Next date not fixed
Masterclass and teachers training Swedish-Italian School for the voice and Feldenkrais for singers
with Vera Wenkert, voice teacher and vocal coach (Founder of Institute StimmKunst.ch and associated teacher of David L. Jones) and Anna Maske (Benefit Feldenkrais and voice)
Neuchâtel: October 28th 2017 11am - 5pm
Masterclass Stage Craft
(Dates not fixed)
Module I: Creating optimal stage energy
Module II: Continuing and deepening of Module I
Module III: Dealing with the energetic process in the opera performance:
- Singing and linear action Dealing with the energetic process in a concert or recital:
- How to work with the material of the stage director and the demands of the conductor
- The singer as explorer of his / her abilities to work his / her view and ideas of the character in the expectation of the demands of the stage director
Module IV: 1, 2, 3rd June 3 lessons daily
Working out a concert programme with scenes from musicals, operettas and operas Public concert with pariticipants of all four modules
TRAINING to become an
ASSOCIATED TEACHER of Institute stimmkunst
Module 1: Dates on request
Module 2: Dates on request
module 3: Dates on request
Master class in Dublin with Concert October 2017
Concert in Zürich:
Master class in Zürich with Stephan Schmidt
Master class with concert in Scotland 2016
Feedbacks to masterclasses:
Louise Martyn, Republic of Ireland: "Vera's Masterclasses (what I get out of them)Anna Maske (Hamburg/ Neuchâtel): Vera Wenkert is in my opinion one of today's most skilled, efficient and complete voice teachers. Her caring and consistent personality, her complex analytical skills, her functional exercises as well as her enormous experience as an opera singer makes working with her a very exiting, joyful, safe and constant process.
1. An opportunity to be challenged in a supportive environment. Vera has many gifts, one of which is to read the personality of the singer extremely well. During the masterclass, Vera challenges the student to the extent needed for their growth at that time.
2. Vera works meticulously with the vocal technique. She teaches technically, but in a practical, tangible way, with clear instruction.
3. During the masterclass Vera also gives the student the chance to focus on performance and leave the technique aside. She has incredible stagecraft knowledge and focuses on this in a very detailed way. She stages your arias in a helpful way, and uses the stagecraft to help with any technical issues the student can have."
In her masterclasses Vera creates a truly positive, encouraging and growing environment. Always respectful she is capable of guiding the singer into finding his or her calm place from which to sing and create. A master of stagecraft, she provides her singers with a whole palette of tools for surviving and thriving on stage, having fun in learning and becoming the artist they desire to become.
I highly recommend working with Vera Wenkert as a voiceteacher as well as participating in her masterclasses.
Ursula Ferri, Schweiz: "Vera Wenkert ist eine fantastische Lehrerin, ein wunderbarer Mensch mit einem enormen Wissen über die Stimme und einem feinen Gehör, dem nichts entgeht. Sie unterrichtet die schwedisch-italienische Gesangstechnik, deren bekanntester Exponent David L. Jones ist. Mit dieser Technik wird eine Stimme gesund, kräftig und bleibt bis ins hohe Alter jung. Ich hatte immer Probleme und keiner konnte mir wirklich helfen. Mit Vera läuft nach einem guten Jahr alles wie Butter. Aus jeder Stunde nehme ich etwas Neues mit, das ich zu Hause auch wirklich wieder nachvollziehen und üben kann. Denn die Instruktionen sind sehr genau und klar. Vera weiss ganz genau mit welcher Übung sie was erreicht und sie erkennt immer sofort, woran ein Problem liegt und wie man es löst. Ich bin sehr glücklich und dankbar, dass ich Vera gefunden habe, dass ich nicht um die halbe Welt reisen muss und so endlich mal wieder regelmässig Unterricht nehmen kann."Ciara Gallagher, Monaco: "Vera Wenkert is a wonderful teacher. The technique that she teaches is excellent and changed my voice immensely. I have taken part in several of her masterclasses which are fun, informative and every participant had a large noticeable improvement in just a few days. I highly recommend attending a masterclass if you can."
Charlotte Emma Whittle, Scotland: "Studying with Vera Wenkert has completely changed my life. I turned up a confused lyric soprano, feeling this was not my voice type. Within the first lesson, Vera could hear exactly what my true voice type is. Now, 2 years later, I am a blossoming Dramatic Soprano. Everything feels the way it is meant to feel. Vera's teaching is incredibly detailed. She can hear if the root of the tongue is blocking the sound, or if the jaw is too tense, the breath not low enough. She has the ability to pick up on these problems so quickly, and deal with them in and efficient and patient way.
During her Masterclasses, I have seen her meet many international singers with many problems. She is so kind and open with them. I see them feel immediately relaxed, resulting in a quicker response from them to what she is asking them to do. She is so dedicated to singing, students always receive 100% from her. Her non-judgemental, professional and beautiful character, make lessons and Masterclasses an utter joy to be in. I would encourage singers to sign up for her Masterclasses. You will learn so much about the technique of singing in a comfortable, happy and professional environment."
More information - please fill in: